Thursday, July 18, 2013

Striping Tape Bonanza!!

Hello my little kittens, how are we on this balmy (and by balmy I mean hot as a donkey's butt crack) evening?  We are currently in the middle of a heatwave in PA and I couldn't be happier!  Even though I'm sweating in places I've never before sweated I'm still as enamored as a pig in mud!

I've been doing lots of mani's with striping tape lately.  I dig it....and I can't seem to get enough of it.  These 2 little numbers I'm sharing today are pretty mama smacking fun, if you ask me!  (yes I'm partial, deal with it ;)

Behind Door #1 we have....




I really do like this one...it's a bit different from what I normally do, I really went to town with the striping tape but I'm happy with how it turned out!

I used Essie Cascade Cool for my base color.  I put my striping tape down and finished off with one coat of Essie Raspberry.  On my ring finger I went with a polish I haven't used in a loooong time, Essie Beyond Cozy.  I wanted to use shades I don't normally use, and I don't think I've laid a hand on any of these lovelies in quite the long time!  Seche Vite topped everything off as usual!

After I got done smacking a newborn, I decided to ride the striping tape train right into the station and keep this shizz going....




Isn't it amazing what different lighting can do to polish?  The first picture is in my regular light and the second shade is in a bit of a brighter light.  Not sure why I went this route, but I did so we're just gonna go with it.

I looooove these 2 colors together!! Essie Demure Vix and Essie Island Hopping go together like peanut butter and jelly, rice and beans, strawberries and cream....shall I go on?  Dang it, now I'm hungry!

Demure Vix is the lighter of the 2 shades, a bit of a pearlized pale pink if you will.  I remember this being one of my first Essie "loves".  This shade looks amazing on it's own, so classy while still being super young and fun. (oh wow, I thought we were talking about me for a second and not the polish!!)  

Island Hopping is an older Essie that I picked up in the discount bin at Marshall's.  If you ever see this polish out and about, snatch her up!  The formula is awesome and I really love the unique shade!

Hope you guys aren't getting sick of all this striping tape fun that's been going on lately!  I'm sure I'll move on to something else soon enough!

Which design do you like best?  Any color combo's you guys would like to see?

Happy Polishing my loves!!

No comments:

Post a Comment